The NIHR Clinical Research Network North East and North Cumbria (CRN NENC) recently opened its most recent round of Investigator Initiated Commercially Funded Research Studies (IIT) Funding Awards.
This £5000 award is to support applicants from the North East and North Cumbria (NENC) to develop and lead on an Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT), as well as providing practical support to assist you in achieving Clinical Research Network (CRN) Portfolio status.
Applications are open to anyone involved in health or social care research including previous applicants. Where an award was received in any of the previous years, applicants are expected to outline the next steps and detail how further funding will be used towards a larger study.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- The lead applicant is a professional in the CRN NENC region working in a Health, Public Health, Social Care or Academic setting
- Formed research idea
- Partner/funding agreed (commercial company) and written documentation of their funding contribution.
- Proposed study to run in an NENC Partner Organisation, Public Health or Social Care setting.
- Unfunded to do research/without adequate Chief Investigator (CI) time included in any commercial grant/remuneration
- Development of previously supported feasibility study (if applicable)
- Multi-site within NENC
Applications will be via an online form and will require details of the proposal, how it meets the above criteria.